Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 12

This week the fatigue won. I missed my Wednesday and Thursday workouts, but nonetheless I'm feeling good. This is a good sign because in the past I would have fatigue (and not really know it) and push myself to do all my workouts - which, with adrenal fatigue, makes everything worse. But now, it's Friday morning and I'm rested, feel pretty good and physically calm, and ready for a great workout tonight. In the past, a week like this would derail the training for close to three weeks. And, now, it's only two days..... maybe I'm finally learning how to balance rest and activity.  :)

Even with the way the week went I made progress on the food as fuel mission. Last week I saw an athlete talking about how they lost 30 lbs. He said that he realized he was eating an extra meal each day he didn't need. He stopped that and lost the weight. I'm all for simple and that sounded like an easy plan.

I know all the positives of eating five to six small meals a day, and I'm sure I'll end up there over time. But I'm a person who has to take one little baby step at a time when it comes to behavior change. So, this week I focused on eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. I simply eat too much - so this week's "practice" felt great! A simple way to right-sized portions. Then I realized that my sports doctor had recommended about 1300 calories a day for my training and weight loss goals.... so last night I wrote up a simple meal plan - 500, 400, 300 calories for each meal.

I like the idea of eating simple and small for dinner - I don't really like that meal much at the end of a busy day anyway. Plus, I love how a good, big breakfast powers me through the whole day. So, I'm going to move from 3 meals to 500,400,300 next week and see how it goes. Then, when I've been training for a few months and have lost some of the weight, I'll add a small snack in mid-afternoon to boast the metabolism and stabilize the weight.

Well, have to go to work! Looking forward to a long workout tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're doing well Tina! It sounds like you have a great meal plan, you're so driven - Good for you! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete