Friday, February 26, 2010

Day -3...

This year I am headed off to an adventure I've been waiting 10 years for. Even though it's only going to last 9 short days, it is the tipping point of a very long journey. Even so, I'll save that story for a little bit further down the road...

SO, I have spent most of this year trying to heal from adrenal fatigue and starting to train at the same time - not an easy task, I tell you! But last week, my doctor and I decided we had narrowed everything down to the chemicals which control my adrenal system. At the same time, he told me I would need three months of training for my August adventure, which was great news because that gave me one week (this week) to turn things around from working way too much the last seven weeks, two months for "pre-training" and three months for real training.

So, the goals for pre-training are to heal adrenal system completely, maintain physical training plan, cleaning up the food intake, and....losing some of the 30 pounds I gained since the car accident (hint to original story :).

Because I am not sure which will be the bigger adventure - reclaiming my former active life, building my new "self" or heading off the August adventure - I decided to create a blog to document it!

I don't know what the months ahead will be like, but I'm ready to be "all in" to see what it's like to transform yourself, your life, and get back what was formerly lost.

Chronic pain over....healing the residual impact on my adrenals....and living a full-out athlete life....HERE I COME! Thanks for joining me!

2 comments:

  1. Great news...you are one of the most self determined people I know. You can do it sister...oh, and by the way...I went to s atupid romantic comedy - valentines day today - and thought of you for one reason...juila roberts is in it and she always always reminds me of you...keep blogging,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deliberate Deborah, Great to have you here with me! Keeping the Faith! :)

    ReplyDelete